Imagine my surprise when I checked my emails recently and saw that I was tagged in a post on Facebook by Melissa from Love, Life and Lipgloss. Turns out she nominated my blog for a Liebster Award! (A Liebster is an award for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 500 followers that someone believes deserves recognition.) Thanks, Melissa, for thinking my blog was deserving! It was so cool seeing my name in your list!
If you’re nominated for the award you must:
- Make a post about the award, thanking the blogger who nominated you
- State 11 interesting facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with 500 or less followers
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees
11 Facts About Me
- The clothes in my closet are all sorted by color.
- I would have loved to have known Albert Einstein.
- One of my favorite words is serendipity.
- I won an award in high school for 4 years of perfect attendance.
- I make excellent omelets.
- I like to drive fast. Not unsafe, just fast.
- As a general rule, I do not listen to the lyrics of songs.
- I have a serious penchant for men with British accents.
- I am a fierce supporter of gay rights.
- I am a classic introvert.
- I have been self-employed since 2005 and have not missed a “regular” job for even a minute.
Answers to Melissa’s 11 Questions
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- Where do you go or what activity do you do to recharge?
I go for a drive and listen to music. It’s therapeutic and always stirs the creative juices.
- What is your most favorite food in the whole world?
Mashed potatoes are probably the most perfect food ever.
- If you could only listen to one band or artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
This is nearly impossible for me to answer, as my music tastes can change by the minute. But in fairness to the question, I’d have to say new-age, instrumental music, like Enya or Yanni. It’s not my favorite genre, but it always stirs me emotionally, and it’s something that I can use effectively as either foreground and background music. (Hey, if it’s for the rest of my life, I don’t want to get sick of it too soon!)
- What is your favorite 90’s movie? And give me your favorite quote from that movie.
This is easy, because it’s also my favorite movie ever: The Shawshank Redemption. And the quote is this, as narrated by Red: “I find I’m so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it’s the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.”
- What is your current career?
- Heels or flats?
- Beer, wine or hard liquor?
I don’t usually drink, but if I had to pick, it’d be white wine.
- Is your current hair color your natural color?
Of course not. Smirk.
- What is your super power (you could already have one, or you could want one)?
The ability to fly.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, right now, where would you go?
Right now I would choose someplace tropical and warm, with clear blue water and swaying palm trees. But that’s because you’re catching me at the tail end of the Longest. Winter. Ever.
11 Nominations & 11 New Questions
This is where I get to embrace my inner rebel and shirk convention. I actually don’t know 11 people with blogs that have 500 followers or less. Sorry – that’s lame, I know. The blogs I read are all super popular (a couple that easily top a million followers by now) so they’re not eligible for this. I do, however, have a few friends on the cusp of launching their own blogs and so I will nominate their sites once they go live (as well as assign them 11 questions to answer!). I’m excited for each of their respective projects to take shape, and hope that once you see them, you’ll think so, too.
Thanks, again, Melissa! Here’s to building our next 500!